Specialist Rail Qualifications
FCT delivers NVQs and other vocational qualifications in partnership with rail companies. The qualifications are sufficiently flexible to be used for a wide range of infrastructure engineering activities in mainline, metropolitan and heritage railway companies and their supply chains.
Rail passenger services staff are also able to work towards relevant qualifications.
You can choose from a wide selection of qualifications and accreditation, and FCT will work with you to create a bespoke package and programme which will meet your organisation’s needs.
Popular qualifications for the railway industry
- NVQ level 2 Rail Services – Passenger Services (City & Guilds 7596-20)
- NVQ level 3 Rail Services (City & Guilds 7598-01)
- NVQ level 2 Rail Engineering – Track Maintenance (City & Guilds 7597-12 or 7597-07 or 7597-17)
- NVQ level 2 Rail Engineering – Electrification (City & Guilds 7597-03 or 7597-08)
- NVQ level 2 Rail Engineering – Signalling (City & Guilds 7597-03 or 7597-08)
- NVQ level 2 Rail Engineering – Telecommunications (City & Guilds 7597-09)
Other engineering qualifications suitable for rail customers
- NVQ level 1 Performing Engineering Operations (City & Guilds 7682-10)
- NVQ level 2 Performing Engineering Operations (City & Guilds 7682-20)
- Engineering Technical Support (City & Guilds 1786 series)
- Engineering Maintenance and Installation (City & Guilds 1788 series)
Contact us to discuss your organisation’s rail and railway engineering training needs.